Celebrating a tradition of excellent personalized care & respect since 1937.
Morton General Hospital boasts of a very short Emergency Department wait-time. The state average is 4-1/2 hours while
Morton General's average wait is 33 minutes!
Also, we are one of the few small hospitals in the state that provides an on-site emergency physician 24 hours a day.
With five ED beds, one trauma room and overflow capability when the need arises, you will see shorter wait times than any other Emergency Department in this region.
Our ED offers top quality care including:
- We are classified as a Level III Stroke Center and Level II Cardiac Center.
- We are served by ambulances and helicopters 24 hours a day
- A certified ER physician is always on hand, as is a staff of specially-trained emergency nurses.
- All ED physicians and nurses have advanced training in Trauma, Cardiac, and Pediatric emergencies
- We partner with multiple Emergency Medical Services agencies in our community to deliver seamless care.
- Our Registered Nurses are required to have certifications in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, TEAM, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Our Physicians are specially educated in Emergency Care and Procedures.
- Our ED Technicians are required to be certified in Basic Life Support. They are also trained to provide special services such as applying splints, drawing blood, and assisting in patient care.
At Morton General Hospital, we understand that a visit to the Emergency Department can be stressful. If you have a life-threatening condition, call 911. For any unexpected emergency needs, we welcome you to our Emergency Department. It is our commitment to provide compassionate and highly skilled care to those in need of emergency treatment.